Diigo is a social bookmarking tool which allows groups of people to bookmark websites and share those websites with each other.
We have a school account with Diigo and students in the grades 4, 5, and 6 have their own Diigo group, with individual accounts for each student.
To use Diigo:
- you need to install either the Diigo Toolbar OR a Diigolet on your bookmark bar
- you need to be logged into Diigo with your username and password
- when you find a good website to bookmark, click on the Diigolet button or on the "Bookmark" button on the Diigo Toolbar.
- remember to add some tags to tell others which kind of website this is, e.g., "G4_body" or "G5_conflict", etc.
- also remember to share it with your group
Link to Google Doc containing Grade 4 login/passwords (NB: you must be logged into your UWC Google Apps account to view)
Grade 5 Login/Passwords -- NB: This is a Google Doc, so you'll have to log in to see it
Grade 6 Login/Passwords -- NB: This is a Google Doc, so you'll have to log in to see it
Tags: G6_uwc, G6_nat_haz
(made by Jean-Luc here at UWCSEA East last year)
Intro to social bookmarking -- a video that talks about Delicious, another "brand" of social bookmarking. It's useful to watch this to get an idea of how social bookmarking works.... You install some buttons or a toolbar, search the web, and then "save" a URL with tags -- for your own benefit and others.